Fusion International School’s Various Activities
What are the Parents’ expectations from school, before joining their children ?
- Wholesome, safe and mind stimulating environment.
- Quality education and holistic development.
- World class in facilities.
- Contemporary in curricula.
- Cutting edge in technology
- Co-curricular activities.
- Personality development programmes.
- PGames and Sports.
How Fusion international school is different from other schools? And what is the necessity of another international school?
It is because,
We hear today’s business leaders grimacing about the newly hired MBA or PhD who has
“No clue” as to
- How to work with people
- How to make a basic presentation
- How to conduct themselves ethically
- How to organize their time
- How to be creative
- Much less how to inspire creativity in others!
So, we have designed our curriculum in such a way that, we take care of all the concerns.
Our curriculum : CBSE & IBDP
Extracurricular, Co-Curricular activities & Enrichment Programs
teacher-in charge will bring the students to Computer lab and teach them how to learn type using CD. Every student is given a separate CD, so that he can learn on his own with teachers help. The CD is interactive and it will change according the pace of each pupil. In one semester most of the students learn basic typing.
a teacher who is well-versed with the shorthand will teach the student some basic tips. Which will come handy when they are taking notes.
A teacher who knows how to paint will teach the students the basic skills of painting and at the end of the semester students will be able to learn some level of painting.
Students will be taught the skills of debating. During the course some burning topics will be discussed and students need to come prepared with stuff to debate on the pros and cons of the topic.
Public speaking :
Public speaking is an art, if students are given the proper training and chance they can learn quickly and become lucid speakers. During the course they will be some topics to talk and in front of the whole school during assemble, they need to do the public speaking.
Drama and dance :
Not every body is born artist like NT Rama Rao and Nageshwer Rao, there are people who learnt acting skills in the acting schools. The teacher-in-charge will provide basic skills of acting, so that they can perform during ‘Festival of Arts’ which will be conducted every year.
Not only Math is fun but also Fantastic, hence it is Fun-tastic Math. Student learn interesting facts of magic squares, tangrams etc..
Vedic Math :
Do you know hundreds of years ago, when there was neither calculator nor Computer , how our Indians used to do calculations? Then it is the course you take so that you will not only learn the history but also learn quick method of calculations until now it is amazing the mathematicians.
It is a Chinese version of calculator. It will increase the left brain activities and students learn the faster way of doing math
learn Tabla or vocal or Key board from the learned and talented musicians who will teach the basics of music, and if students are interested to pursue they can do so by learning from professionals outside of school.
Music (Oral) :
Students are taught the oral music of Karnatic music.
Do you want to learn some culinary skills which may be useful in later years. Then come and join, our experienced cooks (or chefs) teach you their recipes.
which is a Japanese art of folding papers into different shapes.
To develop the mathematical and brain skills of young children using the tool “abacus” . It helps in enhancing their brain skills like concentration power, listening skills, memory power, retention, photographic memory, speed , accuracy, analytical and logical thinking, overall academic performance.
- Art and Craft:
- Games and Sports:
- Creativity based activities:
(Uninterrupted Sustained Self Reading) Once in a week all the students read the story books, which they borrowed from school or their own story books.
Every year each students learns two skills which may be useful in later years. Each EP consists of 25 to 30 students, once they finish one EP programme they chose second EP program. These are compulsory programs.
Co-curricular activities (CCA):
Every students has to chose one CCA from the following, the training will be once or twice a week.
- Basket ball
There will also be several other competitions in a year.
- Spelling Bee competition:
- Debating Competition:
- Essay writing competition:
- Story telling competition:
- Fancy dress competition:
- -Hand writing competition:
- -English Poem recitation competition:
- Drawing competition:
- Math-a-magic competition:
Other activities include.
- Field trips
- Camps, etc
- Talks are given on various character traits ( ex: Responsibility, Time management, Integrity, Honesty, Perseverance etc) once a week and after talks students write in their journal what character traits they practiced in that particular week and do a small skit on these traits.
- Competitions namely , painting, colouring , collage painting which increase right brain activities, are held as competitions once a while.
- Abacus, Mental math , Vedic Math etc. which increases left brain activities will be included in the math syllabus.
- Impromptu speeches, story telling , poem recitation etc., will increase the students’ confidence. These activities will be conducted as competitions , every Friday.
- Anagrams, word building , Initial blends , final blends etc.. activities in Language classes are held , these programmes help in improving Vocabulary, Spellings and analytical thinking. These activities are included in the English language curriculum.
- We provide a platform to the students to perform and develop their hidden potentials. Activities like music, drama and dance expose them to the world of imagination and creativity.
Sports activities, like Cricket, Tennis, Badminton etc., increases their stamina and build up a spirit of sportsmanship
The Skillful Fusionities:
We are proud to exhibit this quality of ours that besides the above mentioned activities we try to inculcate in our students the following skills:
Life and Career skills:
Leadership, ethics, accountability , adaptability, self-direction, social responsibility, initiative, cross-cultural skills, self responsibility.
For Example Leadership :
We have given different leadership roles to different students, like, Monitoring the class when teacher is not around, checking students’ uniforms, prefects, treasurer, student welfare committee, sports in-charge etc.. Ethics: various talks on character traits will make the students realise the need of moral and ethical values.
Social & Emotional skills:
the ability to interact with others, including helping themselves and exercise self-control.
conducting field trips, camps , picnics and educational tours will be useful for banding among the students and learn to tolerate different mentalities of students. They learn to exercise self-control
ability to read, comprehend, remember, interpret, and analyze information.
programmes like USSR, Spelling bee competition, Writing skills practice etc. will improve the cognitive skills of students.
The ability to communicate is the primary factor that distinguishes human beings from animals. And it is the ability to communicate well that distinguishes one individual from another.
Phonics, spoken English classes, Impromptu speeches, drama competitions etc will improve the communication skills.
Other skills like , group activity skills,motivation skills, reflective skills such as problem-solving and critical thinking skills, to personal skills such as self-awareness, and to interpersonal skills. Practicing life skills leads to qualities such as self-esteem, sociability and tolerance, to action competencies to take action and generate change, and to capabilities to have the freedom to decide what to do and who to be. Life skills are thus distinctly different from physical or perceptual motor skills, such as practical or health skills, as well as from livelihood skills, such as crafts, money management and entrepreneurial skills . Health and livelihood education however, can be designed to be complementary to life skills education, and vice versa.
We are including all these skills in our curriculum, either in the form of main course or extracurricular activities or co-curricular activities or as competitions.
School has a vision (you may call it as Vision 2020) by that time our first batch (2009-10) PPII students graduate from my school (X class), we want them to be equipped with many talents, like
- Able to communicate with conviction
- Able to write with precision
- Able to play at least one game or one sport with perfection
- Able to conduct a meeting with confidence
- Able to organize a function or activity with meticulous planning
- Able to learn life skills to survive
- Able to use the knowledge, which they learnt in the class, in their daily life, whenever necessary.
- Able to respect elders and treat contemporaries and younger kids with compassion.
Overall, every fusionite can be or will be successful in life if they acquire 5 C’s :
- Courtesy and
So that our fusionites will be self-motivated, self – sustained, selfless and working towards their goals. This is our vision and mission.